2013-14 Events Calendar
New to the district?
If you have a child aged 0-4, we may need your child's information for long term planning.
Employee HazCom Online Training
Free and Reduced Price Meals Program
BC@Home Support and Help Resources
Alumni Hall of Fame
BCHS Alumni Hall of Fame Committee seeking nominees
The BCHS Alumni Hall of Fame is once again seeking
Alumni Hall of Fame recognition is given to BCHS graduates of at least 5 years who embody the spirit and values of BC and attained distinguished achievements in their professional or personal lives.
“We have some outstanding Hall of Fame members, and we’re excited about adding to that list,” said High School Dean Marna Meltzer, who heads the Hall of Fame Committee. “The committee is hoping for a large and diverse group of candidates to choose from, so I encourage everyone who knows of a BC alumnus deserving of this honor to submit their information for consideration.”
While Hall of Fame recognition is given to BCHS graduates of at least 5 years, Meltzer notes there may be a misconception that an inductee needs to be at the end of their career in order to be considered.
“You don’t need to have graduated 30 years ago to be nominated,” said Meltzer. “I know that we have recent BCHS graduates out there right now doing great things, and we’ve love to recognize them.”
Hall of Fame members include a former congressman, a war hero, a humanitarian and an Academy Award winner. See the full list below.
Nominations can be submitted using this online form, or emailed directly to Meltzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Marna Meltzer , BCHS, 700 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054.
Those submitting nominations should include their own contact information and as much biographical information about the candidate as possible.
Nominations are due by May 14. As in years past, the Hall of Fame Committee will field the nominations and make the selections. The committee is comprised of Bethlehem Central administrators, community members and staff members.
Selection is based on the nominees’ accomplishments and significant contributions made in their careers and/or to the lives of others since graduation. The 2013 induction will take place at this year’s BCHS commencement ceremonies on June 21.
Past inductees in the BC Alumni Hall of Fame
2005 - Inaugural Class
• Jo-Carol Block Davidson, Class of 1974
• Neal Shapiro, former president of NBC News Neal Shapiro, Class of 1976
• Captain Dennis E. Fitzpatrick, commanding officer of the USS John F. Kennedy, Class of 1976
• Joseph R. Cannizzaro, former New York State Supreme Court Justice, Class of 1972
• Richard Jadick, lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve credited with saving the lives of more than 30 Marines in Iraq, Class of 1983
• Eva Marie Saint, Academy Award-winning actress , Class of 1942
• No inductees - lack of nominations.
• Bruce Oliver, Bethlehem Police Department detective and school resource officer for a decade, Class of 1980.
• Peter Blaustein, co-director of The Sister Island Project which fosters friendship between the United States and the Dominican Republic, Class of 1986.
• Former U.S. Rep. Gerald B.H. Solomon, who represented New York in Congress from 1979 to 1999, Class of 1948.