2013-14 Events Calendar
New to the district?
If you have a child aged 0-4, we may need your child's information for long term planning.
Employee HazCom Online Training
Free and Reduced Price Meals Program
BC@Home Support and Help Resources
Alumni Hall of Fame
BCHS Alumni Hall of Fame Committee seeking nominees
The BCHS Alumni Hall of Fame is once again seeking nominations. Alumni Hall of Fame recognition is given to BCHS graduates of at least 10 years who embody the knowledge, character, and values of BC and attained distinguished achievements in their professional or personal lives.
While Hall of Fame recognition is given to BCHS graduates of at least 10 years, the nominees do not need to be at the end of their career in order to be considered. The committee is hoping for a diverse group of candidates to choose from. There are BCHS graduates at all stages of their careers that are doing great things and the committee wants to be able to recognize them for their contributions and achievements.
Current Hall of Fame members include a former congressman, a war hero, a humanitarian and an Academy Award winner. See the full list below.
Nominations are due by June 1 and can be submitted by using this online form, or email the form [PDF] directly to Heather Culnan (email@example.com) or Jessica Westervelt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nominations can also be printed and mailed to either Mrs. Culnan or Ms. Westervelt at the following address:
700 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
Those submitting nominations should complete the form to the best of their ability. Please include your contact information and as much information about the nominee as possible. You may attach additional articles, publications, etc. to further illustrate the qualities and accomplishments of the nominee.
Nominations are due by June 1. As in years past, the Hall of Fame Committee will field the nominations and make the selections. The committee is comprised of Bethlehem Central administrators, community members, and staff members.
Selection is based on the nominees' accomplishments and significant constributions made in their careers and/or to the lives of others since graduation. The induction ceremony for the Alumni Hall of Fame takes place during the Homecoming football game.
Past inductees in the BC Alumni Hall of Fame
2005 - Inaugural Class
• Jo-Carol Block Davidson, Class of 1974
• Neal Shapiro, former president of NBC News Neal Shapiro, Class of 1976
• Captain Dennis E. Fitzpatrick, commanding officer of the USS John F. Kennedy, Class of 1976
• Joseph R. Cannizzaro, former New York State Supreme Court Justice, Class of 1972
• Richard Jadick, lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve credited with saving the lives of more than 30 Marines in Iraq, Class of 1983
• Eva Marie Saint, Academy Award-winning actress , Class of 1942
• No inductees - lack of nominations.
• Bruce Oliver, Bethlehem Police Department detective and school resource officer for a decade, Class of 1980.
• Peter Blaustein, co-director of The Sister Island Project which fosters friendship between the United States and the Dominican Republic, Class of 1986.
• Former U.S. Rep. Gerald B.H. Solomon, who represented New York in Congress from 1979 to 1999, Class of 1948.