May 20, 2014 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Budget Planning Calendar
Please join us and offer your input on BCSD budget issues. All meetings will be held in the BCHS Library & Media Center.
• February 26, 7 p.m.:Presentation of proposed 2014-15 budget. Focus on Transportation, bus replacement plan, fringes, insurance, debt service. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 5, 7 p.m.:Special Education, Technology, revenue. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 19, 7 p.m.:Operations and Maintenance, Athletics. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 2, 7 p.m.:K-12 instructional staffing and programming. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 22, 7 p.m.:Budget discussion and final decisions; budget adoption.
• May 7, 7 p.m.:Budget Hearing
• May 20, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.:Budget Vote, BCHS
• May 21, 7 p.m.:Board of Education meeting
Did you know?
That 2% you’ve been hearing so much about
is only a small part of the so-called “Tax Cap
Law.” In reality, it’s just one part of an eight-step formula that determines the maximum allowable tax levy the school district can pass with a simple majority. Click here to read more about the "tax cap."
What matters most? What can we support?
With an estimated $4.4 million budget gap, another tough budget process lies ahead for us in the Bethlehem Central School District and we’d like your help in answering these questions.
The district will hold a Community Budget Forum on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 7 p.m., at the Middle School LMC, 332 Kenwood Ave., Delmar. After a brief overview of our budget picture we’ll break into facilitated small group discussions. The full agenda for the evening is here [PDF] and we encourage attendees to arrive at 6:45 to sign in.
All are welcome, and if you’re unable to attend in person but would like to participate online, click here.
So we can have enough material prepared, an RSVP is appreciated but not required. To RSVP, please email email@example.com with your name and connection to the district. You may also call the communications office at 439-3650.
Read Superintendent Douglas' note on becoming involved in the budget process here.