Code of Student Conduct
II. Definitions: For purposes of
this code, the following definitions apply:
A. "Student" refers to a child enrolled as a K-12 registrant, in any of the Bethlehem Central school district's academic programs.
B. "Parent" means parent, guardian or person in parental relation to a student.
C. "School property" means in or within any building, structure, athletic playing field, playground, parking lot or land contained
within the real property boundary line of a public elementary or secondary school, or any property owned and operated by
the school district, or in or on a school bus, as defined in Vehicle and Traffic Law §142.
D. "School function" means any school-sponsored extracurricular event or activity, on the campus or off school grounds.
E. "Disruptive student" means an elementary or secondary student under the age of 21 who is substantially disruptive of the
educational process or substantially interferes with the teacher's authority over the classroom, or with the authority of other
school district employees.
F. "Violent student" means a student under the age of 21 who:
1. Commits an act of violence upon a school employee, or attempts to do so.
2. Commits an act of violence upon another student or any other person on school property or at the school function, or
attempts to do so.
3. Possesses, while on school property or at a school function, a weapon.
4. Displays, while on school property or at a school function, what appears to be a weapon.
5. Threatens, while on school property or at a school function, to use a weapon.
6. Threatens to bring or use a weapon on school property or at a school function.
7. Knowingly and intentionally damages or destroys the personal property of any school employee or any person on school
property or at a school function.
8. Knowingly and intentionally damages or destroys school district property.
G. "Weapon" means a firearm as defined in USC §921, for purposes of the Gun-Free Schools Act. It also means any other gun, BB
gun, pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, machine gun, disguised gun, dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, switchblade knife, gravity knife,
brass knuckles, sling shot, metal knuckle knife, box cutter, cane sword, electronic dart gun, Kung Fu star, electronic stun
gun, pepper spray or other noxious spray, explosive or incendiary bomb, or other device, instrument, material or substance
that can cause physical injury or death when used to cause physical injury or death.