Code of Student Conduct
dissemination and review
XXII. Dissemination and Review
A. The Board of Education will ensure that the community, faculty, students, staff and parents are aware of the code of conduct.
1. Copies of a summary of the code of conduct are to be provided to all students at the beginning of each school year at a
2. Copies of the code of conduct are to be available to parents at the start of the school year.
3. A summary of the code of conduct "in plain language" is to be mailed to all parents before the beginning of the school year.
4. All teachers and staff are to receive a copy of the code of conduct after its adoption and any revisions.
5. All new employees are to receive a copy of the code of conduct when first hired.
6. Further, the Board of Education will require review, provide in-service training of faculty and staff and communicate to
constituents about the code of conduct.
7. Review the code of conduct annually.
8. Sponsor an in-service education program for all faculty and staff members to ensure the implementation of the code of
9. Hold at least one public hearing before approving an updated or revised code of conduct and;
10. File its Code of Student Conduct and any amendments to it with the Commissioner of Education within 30 days of adoption.
Adoption Date: June 20, 2001
Revised: September 1, 2004
Revised: July 11, 2006
Reapproved: July 11, 2007
Reapproved: July 9, 2008
Reapproved: July 1, 2009
Amended and Reapproved: July 7, 2010
Amended and Reapproved: September 1, 2010
Amended and Reapproved: November 3, 2010
Amended and Reapproved: July 6, 2011
Amended and Reapproved: July 3, 2012