Code of Student Conduct
XI. Transportation Code
A. The safety of all students is our primary concern. All school buses are “school property” and are subject to all rules set forth
in the Bethlehem Central code of conduct. Each student has an individual responsibility to help ensure the safety of all students
on the bus by following the rules. Coming to school, going home and riding buses for extracurricular events or field trips, a
student is expected to listen to and obey all instructions from transportation personnel.
B. Examples of bus misconduct include but are not limited to:
1. Roughhousing at a bus stop.
2. Bringing prohibited items onto a school bus. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, skateboards, animals, flammable
materials of any kind, medications that contain controlled substances and weapons of any kind.
3. Making threatening gestures and/or comments.
4. Disregarding the instructions of the bus driver.
5. Swearing or using inappropriate language.
6. Eating, drinking or smoking on a school bus.
7. Damaging or vandalizing any part of a school bus.
8. Fighting, pushing or shoving.
9. Standing while the bus is moving.
10. Failing to keep head, hands and feet inside the bus at all times.
11. Use of flash photography