Budget Vote: May 21, 2013 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• School Budget Vote & District Election, BCHS Gym, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Memorial Day, No School/Offices Closed
• Elsmere Art Show, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Grade 5 "Survivor Day" at Town Park
• Elsmere Senior Assembly
• Grade 4 NYS Science Test, Written Test
Welcome to the Elsmere PTA
Want to get more involved in your local school?
The Elsmere PTA is a great way to get started.
For more information and to become a member of the Elsmere PTA, please contact Melanie Kvam.
Help Elsmere 'Rally for Recess'
Dannon is again sponsoring their Rally for Recess contest where 5 schools will be awarded $30,000 to renovate their playground. We need to collect codes from specially marked Danimals and Danonino products. The schools that enter the most codes win! You can either cut out the codes and send them in to school marked "PTA Dannon Codes, Cheryl Contento" or you can email the codes to Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send the codes in please include your name. The family that collects the most codes will win a $50 gift card to I Love Books.
Elsmere PTA gives you the chance
to win a new iPad.
Tickets are $10 for 1 or $20 for 3 and can be purchased at the Happy Hour on Friday, the Grand Lunch on Monday or by downloading and filling in this form [PDF] and sending it into school in an envelope marked iPad Raffle by Dec. 10. Drawing will be held at the PTA meeting on Dec. 11. Any questions please contact Patty at email@example.com
Garage Sale Thank you
The Annual Elsmere Garage Sale was a great success! This is our biggest school fundraiser and it would not be possible without the help from community donations, volunteers, school personnel and everyone who attended the garage sale. Thank You!
The Elsmere PTA would like to personally THANK the hardworking volunteers: Deb Perrotto, Lauren Perrotto, Flo McDonough, Jenny Mash, Patty Michaelson, Debby Hayes, Liam McNabb, Pat Pascarella, Nancy Kaplan, Mary McKillop, Julie Levin, Jen Spore, Kim Jada, Sonia Hoogkamp, Lesley Zlatev, Sarah Rain, Kathi Lasch, Monika Krupa, Laura Savage, Amy Cohen, Eileen Grossman, Mary Martin, Erin McKinney, Kim Smith, Elana Narton, Shannon Corbitt, Julia Nobles Ramsey, Jennifer Banick Hollands, Pam Strassberg, Kathie Dubin, Melanie Kvam, Chris Follos, Joan Walters, Deb Kowalsky, Mandy Koennecke, Tehila Gartialon, Kristen Classen, Tim Karl, Jim Perry, Laurel Jones, Jie Huong, Corrina Duvall, Laura Hosford, Rita Rinaldi, Aaron Baldwin, Sean Fitzgerald and anyone else who helped out.
Also a special THANKS to: Kate Kloss, Phil Ridgeway for the use of the gym, Peg Buffaline and any other teachers whose students helped set-up, the students who helped out, the custodial staff and all their hard work. Also, to the teachers and staff for supporting the sale through donations, purchases and accepting our presence in the school. The Elsmere PTA looks forward to another great year and appreciates your support and involvement in our many great event to come!
Elsmere Playground Project
During the fundraising process for the Elsmere Playground Project, we will be asking for help and support. Please check our Facebook Page and our website www.elsmereplayground.com to learn more about the project, our progress, upcoming events and how you can help!
How to get involved
• Join the PTA: It's simple. The form is right here on our web page [PDF]. Just print it out and send it in with your check. (The cost is $10 for one-parent families and $15 for two-parent families.) PTA Dues pay for state dues, Insurance, and support ongoing PTA projects and events.
• Volunteer: The PTA coordinates events and activities to enrich the learning and social experience of Elsmere students. PTA Events are run by parents on a purely volunteer basis and we need your help to make it happen. There are volunteer opportunities that accommodate all schedules and many can be done at home in your own time. Take a look at the Volunteer Opportunities Form [PDF]. If you have any questions about how you can help, please contact Megan Noonan.
• Attend the Meetings: Join us at our monthly PTA meetings. The meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. in the Elsmere Library. Help the Board and Event Leads plan programs to enrich our children’s education.
• Participate: Don’t forget to join us for family events throughout the year. Take a look at the 2012-2013 PTA Events Calendar [PDF] so you can bookmark these dates. Is there an event not listed that you would like to organize for the school? Do you have any questions or comments on any of the upcoming events? If so, please contact Melanie Kvam. We welcome all fresh new ideas!
Five Easy Ways to Contribute
Campbell's Labels for Education: Please send in your Campbell's
Labels for Education to help us earn supplies for our school. For a
complete list of products with Labels for Education,
click here; for more information on the Labels for Education
program, click here:
Box Tops for Education: Look for Box Tops on many of the
products you purchase. Clip them and sent them to school to help us
earn money for Elsmere. For a complete list of products with Box
and for more information on the Box Tops program click here:
http://www.boxtops4education.com. Shop the Box Tops Marketplace to earn money for Elsmere. Before shopping online, check the stores available at the Marketplace and a percentage of your purchase will go directly to our school (after you register).
• Hannaford Helps School Dollars: Hannaford sponsors this during the months of October and November. Place collected dollars in the pillar at the store or send them into Elsmere School. We were the top earner for the Delmar store for the last three years and received an additional $1,000. Let's do it again! Learn more at www.hannaford.com
• Sign up for Price Chopper Tools for Schools: Sign up at www2.pricechopper.com/toolsforschools/single.shtml (The Elsmere School number is 15747). You must re-enroll your card EVERY YEAR (it only takes a minute)!
• Donate your used ink jet cartridges, cell phones, laptops -- working or broken! Protect the environment and help our school by donating used cell phones, ink jet cartridges, laptops, digital cameras, MP3 players, GPS devices, radar detectors, and digital video cameras at school.
All meetings will be held at 7 p.m.
• September 11, 2012
• October 9, 2012
• November 13, 2012
• December 11, 2012
• January 8, 2012
• February 12, 2012
• March 12, 2012
• April 9, 2012
• May 13, 2012
• June 11, 2012
how pta dues and volunteers enrich our schools
The staff, the students and the entire school community benefit when we have active parent participation through the PTA. Here's just a sample of how PTA dues and volunteers support Elsmere students:
• 1,000 book club
• School banking
• After-school enrichment programs
• Book fair
• Family activities (ice skating, bowling, river rats, winter fun day)
• In-school programs to enhance curriculum
• School art show
• School improvements
• School store
• Science fair
• Staff recognition luncheon