• Elsmere Pit Party, 6-8 p.m.
• 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony, 1:30 p.m.
• Last Day of School for K-5, Half Day, 12:10 p.m. dismissal
• Backyard Movie Night, "Bee Movie" (G), 7:30 p.m.
Welcome to the Elsmere PTA
The 2013-14 school year has arrived and the PTA is ready for a great year. We have an impressive calendar of activities for the year and we can’t wait to get started!
Click here for the 2013-2014 PTA Membership Form [PDF]. Please return the completed form to the school by September 20 to be included in the School Directory.
Want to get more involved in your local school? The Elsmere PTA is a great way to get started.
For more information and to become a member of the Elsmere PTA, please contact Melanie Kvam.
Elsmere Playground Project
During the fundraising process for the Elsmere Playground Project, we will be asking for help and support. Please check our Facebook Page and our website www.elsmereplayground.com to learn more about the project, our progress, upcoming events and how you can help!
How to get involved
• Join the PTA: It's simple. The form is right here on our web page [PDF]. Just print it out and send it in with your check. (The cost is $10 for one-parent families and $20 for two-parent families.) PTA Dues pay for state dues, Insurance, and support ongoing PTA projects and events.
• Volunteer: The PTA coordinates events and activities to enrich the learning and social experience of Elsmere students. PTA Events are run by parents on a purely volunteer basis and we need your help to make it happen. There are volunteer opportunities that accommodate all schedules and many can be done at home in your own time. Take a look at the Volunteer Opportunities Form [PDF]. If you have any questions about how you can help, please contact Megan Noonan.
• Attend the Meetings: Join us at our monthly PTA meetings. The meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. in the Elsmere Library. Help the Board and Event Leads plan programs to enrich our children’s education.
• Participate: Don’t forget to join us for family events throughout the year. Take a look at the 2012-2013 PTA Events Calendar [PDF] so you can bookmark these dates. Is there an event not listed that you would like to organize for the school? Do you have any questions or comments on any of the upcoming events? If so, please contact Melanie Kvam. We welcome all fresh new ideas!
Five Easy Ways to Contribute
Campbell's Labels for Education: Please send in your Campbell's
Labels for Education to help us earn supplies for our school. For a
complete list of products with Labels for Education,
click here; for more information on the Labels for Education
program, click here:
Box Tops for Education: Look for Box Tops on many of the
products you purchase. Clip them and sent them to school to help us
earn money for Elsmere. For a complete list of products with Box
and for more information on the Box Tops program click here:
http://www.boxtops4education.com. Shop the Box Tops Marketplace to earn money for Elsmere. Before shopping online, check the stores available at the Marketplace and a percentage of your purchase will go directly to our school (after you register).
• Hannaford Helps School Dollars: Hannaford sponsors this during the months of October and November. Place collected dollars in the pillar at the store or send them into Elsmere School. We were the top earner for the Delmar store for the last three years and received an additional $1,000. Let's do it again! Learn more at www.hannaford.com
• Sign up for Price Chopper Tools for Schools: Sign up at www2.pricechopper.com/toolsforschools/single.shtml (The Elsmere School number is 15747). You must re-enroll your card EVERY YEAR (it only takes a minute)!
• Donate your used ink jet cartridges, cell phones, laptops -- working or broken! Protect the environment and help our school by donating used cell phones, ink jet cartridges, laptops, digital cameras, MP3 players, GPS devices, radar detectors, and digital video cameras at school.
2013-14 pta meetings
All meetings will be held at 7 p.m. in the Elsmere Library
• September 17, 2013
• October 15, 2013
• November 12, 2013
• December 10, 2013
• January 14, 2014
• February 12, 2014
• March 11, 2014
• April 8, 2014
• May 13, 2014
• June 10, 2014
how pta dues and volunteers enrich our schools
The staff, the students and the entire school community benefit when we have active parent participation through the PTA. Here's just a sample of how PTA dues and volunteers support Elsmere students:
• Literacy Programs: RAZ Kids, Jumpstart, One School One Book, author visits, the Book Fair, CAPER, 1,000 Book Club
• Math/Science Programs: Scotia Glenville Museum, Math/Science Nights, School Garden, Science Fair
• Social Enrichment: School Assemblies, Grade Breakfasts, School Socials, Halloween Happenings, Community Day, Lip Sync
• Physical Education Enrichment: Field Day, Playground Replacement/Maintenance
• School Improvements: New smart boards, equipment repair/replacement, school grounds cleanup and planting
• School banking
• After-school enrichment programs
• Family activities (ice skating, bowling, river rats, winter fun day)
• In-school programs to enhance curriculum
• School art show
• School store
• Staff recognition luncheon