• No School, Spring Break
• Healthy Kids Week
• Used Book Sale
• BOE Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Slingerlands Transportation Breakfast, 9:15 a.m.
April 30-May 2
• Grades 3-8 NYS Math Testing
• BOE Meet the Candidates Night, 6:30 p.m.
• BOE Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Slingerlands Nature's Classroom
• Slingerlands PTO Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Slingerlands Art Show & Book Fair, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
• Slingerlands Concert, 7 p.m.
• School Budget Vote & BOE Election, 7 a.m.-9 p.m., BCHS
Slingerlands 5th Grade Musical
Welcome to the Fifth Grade Musical webpage! All information
concerning the musical will be posted here including all necessary
As you already know, this year’s musical is entitled: “The Knight the Castle Rocked!” Mrs. Rosselli is very excited to be directing this year and we are looking forward to a wonderful and exciting musical experience from the first audition to the final curtain.
Please review the letter and accompanying attachments set out below that were sent home with students prior to winter break. The information contained in these documents is necessary for participation in the musical!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Fifth Grade Choir will be presenting “The Knight the Castle Rocked” this March. This musical takes us on a journey of the history of popular music and dance through the eyes of the royal Windabag family (with their lively minstrels as our guides!).
I look forward to working with your children and also all of you! I’m happy to announce our two Parent Co-Chairs: Mrs. Jenean Taranto and Mrs. Caren Tiu. They will be working closely with me, coordinating the volunteer work of the parents. As always, this will be an extraordinary joint effort. My thanks to you ahead of time for making our show a great success.
There will be an important Parent Meeting on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in the Slingerlands Cafeteria. There you will have an opportunity to meet me and the Parent Co-Chairs, discuss what needs to be done, and ask any questions.
Please read the documents set out below carefully. You will find:
• Audition Information
• Basic Rehearsal Schedule
• Expectations of Student Behavior
• Students/Parent Agreement Form *
• Parent Committee Information & Sign Up *
I look forward to seeing you all January 9th at the Parent Meeting.
Happy New Year!
Were due by Dec. 20, 2013
• Committee Information [PDF]
• Parent Committee Signup [PDF]
• Parent/Student Agreement [PDF]
links & resources
• Rehearsal Schedule [PDF]
• Rehearsal Schedule by Scene [PDF]
• Behavior Expectations [PDF]
• Audition Information [PDF]
• Cast Party Permission Slip [PDF]
• Ticket Purchase Form [PDF]
• T-Shirt Order Form [PDF]