Congratulations to our BCHS students who recently were selected as winners of the English department’s very first writing contest!
The contest gathered over 25 entries building wide for the personal narrative/essay ranging in topics from societal pressures to creative expression to life’s lessons.
Each grade level had at least one winner and one or more runners up with one honorable mention.
The winners and runners up all received a certificate. Winners also received a cash prize of 25 dollars.
A list of the winners and runners up can be found below.
- Hana Mir – Grade 9 – A Distant Land Called Home
- Sarah Marshall – Grade 10 – Personal Narrative
- Ella Goodwin – Grade 12 – Blue
- Michelle Moczulski – Grade 9 – How a Cookie Became My Teacher
- Madeleine Kotary – Grade 10 – The Man Who Holds the Door
- Rachel Zemsky – Grade 10 – Personal Narrative
- Zach Gibeau – Grade 12 – The Inevitable New Normal
- Emma Oechsner – Grade 12 – Personal Narrative
- Millie Drury – Grade 12 – Lucky Daddy
- Arlo Marynczak – Grade 11 – Essay Submission
FUTURE WRITING CONTESTS
For more information about future and/or other writing contests as well as writing and art programs please visit the bulletin board in the hallway outside C111.