BCHS Counseling Center
Counseling Center News
Jan. 25, 2017: The February 1, 2017 Five-Hour Pre-Licensing course has been cancelled.
10th Grade Career and College Program
The Counseling Department just completed its annual Grade 10 “Career/College Exploration Program.” If you have a sophomore ask them about their personality code and what careers they researched! You might be surprised!
Visit Naviance to view the Counseling Center newsletters and other important documents (in the document library folder.)
Counseling Center Presentations:
College Admission Representative Appointments:
If you are a college admission representative and you’d like to set up an appointment with our high school, please use Rep Visits to schedule an appointment.
Visit http://repvisits.com/ and use your account to get on our calendar.
Important: When filling out “Client Name” please add your College/University name in the “First Name” field, followed by your first name. Thank you!
Spring 2017 Driver Education –
Pre-Register Jan. 3-13
Pre-registration for Spring 2017 Driver Education will take place Tuesday, January 3 through Friday, January 13 for classes which are scheduled to begin the week of Jan. 30 and continue through late June 9. Read more about Spring 2017 Driver Education.
These links to resources are provided to help families through the process of figuring out how to pay for college. In many situations, this requires a combination of financial aid and scholarships.
Student Loan Calculator: The New York Times has created a student loan calculator to offer a guide to the borrowing picture at various institutions — and what it takes after graduation to repay the loans. Use the calculator.
- Department of Education Student Guide for Financial Aid
- FAFSA on the Web (FAFSA forms to download and complete online)
- Funding your Education
- New York State Attorney General’s Office (Loan Information)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
- Higher Education Services Corp. (HESC)
- Sallie Mae
- Absolutely Scholarships
- College Board (Database of scholarship sources, profile registration and application, calculators, worksheets, etc.)
- FinAid (Information on scholarships, financial aid, calculators, loan calculators, etc.)
New York State Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program:
New York State has launched a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program, which will encourage the best and brightest high school students to pursue high-demand, high-tech careers and build their future in New York. The program provides a full SUNY or CUNY tuition scholarship to the top 10% of students in every New York high school if they major in a STEM field and work in a STEM job in New York State for five years after graduation. Read more about this program.
Career Exploration Links and Resources
The following links to resources for career exploration will take you away from the BCHS Counseling Center site.
- Sample Resume [PDF] & Worksheet for Resume [PDF]
- Capital Region Career and Technical Center
- Exploring Occupations
- Hudson Valley Community College Center for Careers and Employment
- New York Mentor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Career Zone
- Career Key
- My Majors
700 Delaware Avenue Delmar, NY 12054
Phone: (518) 439-4921 ext. 22950
Fax: (518) 478-0783
BCHS CEEB Code: 331-595
To request copies of a student transcript, please complete and mail this form [PDF].
Naviance Naviance keeps track of recent BCHS college applications, student statistics, and admissions decisions. Students and parents now have access to a wide range of college admissions and career search information. Sign into Naviance here!
Mark Your Calendar
- April 26, 2017: BCHS Spring Career Fair, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., BCHS Central Foyer
- May 2017 (TBD): Spring 2017 College Fair @ HVCC, 9 a.m.to 11:30 a.m. & 6-8 p.m.
- May 31, 2017: Awards Ceremony, 7 p.m., BCHS Auditorium
Counseling Center Links
- Driver’s Education, Spring 2017 [PDF]
- Driver’s Education Attendance Policy & Form [PDF]
- Curriculum Guide [PDF]
- Past Presentations
- Important Dates [PDF]
- 2016-17 BCHS Profile [PDF]
- BCHS School Counseling Plan [PDF]