May 20, 2014 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Budget Planning Calendar
Please join us and offer your input on BCSD budget issues. All meetings will be held in the BCHS Library & Media Center.
• February 26, 7 p.m.:Presentation of proposed 2014-15 budget. Focus on Transportation, bus replacement plan, fringes, insurance, debt service. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 5, 7 p.m.:Special Education, Technology, revenue. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 19, 7 p.m.:Operations and Maintenance, Athletics. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 2, 7 p.m.:K-12 instructional staffing and programming. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 22, 7 p.m.:Budget discussion and final decisions; budget adoption.
• May 7, 7 p.m.:Budget Hearing
• May 20, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.:Budget Vote, BCHS
• May 21, 7 p.m.:Board of Education meeting
School Tax Rates
Listed below are the school tax rates for the past several years. Tax rates are per $1,000 of assessed property value.
The tax rates differ between the two towns because of equalization rates set by the New York State Office of Real Property Services. Equalization rates are established in an effort to make sure the tax levy is fairly distributed when one taxing entity (the district) spans multiple municipalities, which may use different assessment practices. The district will sets final tax rates each August, after the towns finalize assessment figures and the state sets the equalization rates.