May 20, 2014 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Budget Planning Calendar
Please join us and offer your input on BCSD budget issues. All meetings will be held in the BCHS Library & Media Center.
• February 26, 7 p.m.:Presentation of proposed 2014-15 budget. Focus on Transportation, bus replacement plan, fringes, insurance, debt service. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 5, 7 p.m.:Special Education, Technology, revenue. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 19, 7 p.m.:Operations and Maintenance, Athletics. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 2, 7 p.m.:K-12 instructional staffing and programming. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 22, 7 p.m.:Budget discussion and final decisions; budget adoption.
• May 7, 7 p.m.:Budget Hearing
• May 20, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.:Budget Vote, BCHS
• May 21, 7 p.m.:Board of Education meeting
Contact your elected officials about school budget issues
At budget forums and meetings over the past few years, taxpayers have suggested the district and residents contact elected representatives about school budget issues. The district is providing a sample letter, as well as contact information for elected leaders, in the event they are helpful in this effort.
Legislators contact information
|New York State Officials||
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
Senator Neil D. Breslin
Assemblyman Steven F. McLaughlin
Assemblyman John J. McEneny
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer
Congressman Paul D. Tonko