May 20, 2014 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Budget Planning Calendar
Please join us and offer your input on BCSD budget issues. All meetings will be held in the BCHS Library & Media Center.
• February 26, 7 p.m.:Presentation of proposed 2014-15 budget. Focus on Transportation, bus replacement plan, fringes, insurance, debt service. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 5, 7 p.m.:Special Education, Technology, revenue. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 19, 7 p.m.:Operations and Maintenance, Athletics. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 2, 7 p.m.:K-12 instructional staffing and programming. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 22, 7 p.m.:Budget discussion and final decisions; budget adoption.
• May 7, 7 p.m.:Budget Hearing
• May 20, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.:Budget Vote, BCHS
• May 21, 7 p.m.:Board of Education meeting
Fiscal Think Tank | Fall 2010
About the fiscal think tank
In the summer of 2010, the district announced that it would convene a "Fiscal Think Tank" at the request of the Board of Education to develop some potential ways to address the ongoing fiscal challenges BC faces like school districts everywhere. The panel is comprised of parents, employee association representatives, administrators and community members. After three meetings throughout the fall, it it is expected that the committee will provide the Board with feedback on potential areas for further research and consideration. Follow the group's work throughout the fall using the links below. READ THE AUGUST 2010 FISCAL THINK TANK ANNOUNCEMENT »
Fiscal think Tank Links and Resources
Meeting #1 - September 22, 2010
Meeting #2 - october 25, 2010
• Meeting presentation [PDF]
Meeting #3 - november 22, 2010
SUBSCRIBE TO PARENT TODAY!
Use District ID: 12054