May 20, 2014 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Budget Planning Calendar
Please join us and offer your input on BCSD budget issues. All meetings will be held in the BCHS Library & Media Center.
• February 26, 7 p.m.:Presentation of proposed 2014-15 budget. Focus on Transportation, bus replacement plan, fringes, insurance, debt service. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 5, 7 p.m.:Special Education, Technology, revenue. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 19, 7 p.m.:Operations and Maintenance, Athletics. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 2, 7 p.m.:K-12 instructional staffing and programming. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 22, 7 p.m.:Budget discussion and final decisions; budget adoption.
• May 7, 7 p.m.:Budget Hearing
• May 20, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.:Budget Vote, BCHS
• May 21, 7 p.m.:Board of Education meeting
BC Budget Message & Legislative Position Paper
The links below are to "An important message about school budgets and state issues" from BC and to the annual position paper from the joint Superintendent’s Legislative Committee of Capital Region and Qeustar III BOCES.
At budget forums and meetings over the past few years, taxpayers have suggested the district and residents contact elected representatives about school budget issues. The district is providing these documents, as well as contact information for elected leaders, in the event they are helpful in this effort. See the bottom of this page for additional informational resources on school budget issues.
• BC Budget Message [PDF]
Legislators contact information
|New York State Officials||
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
Senator Neil D. Breslin
Assemblyman Steven F. McLaughlin
Assemblyman John J. McEneny
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer
Congressman Paul D. Tonko
Additional Resources on State Issues
The documents below are offered for the information of BC community members. Each of them is an Adobe PDF document; if you do not have the Adobe Reader, you can download one for free here.
Governor Cuomo's Mandate Relief Redesign Team
Preliminary Report, March 2011
New York State Council of School Superintendents
Rhetoric vs. Reality: Summary and Analysis of the 2011-12 Executive Budget for Education, Feb. 2011
New York State School Boards Association
Property Tax Cap: Pass or Fail for New York School Districts, December 2010
New York State Commission on Property Tax Relief
Final Report, December 2008
New York State Commission on Local Government Efficiency &
Final Report, April 2008