Kindergarten registration will soon be wrapping up!
2012-13 Events Calendar
New to the district?
If you have a child aged 0-4, we may need your child's information for long term planning.
Why are the flags at half-staff?
Employee HazCom Online Training
Free and Reduced Price Meals Program
BC@Home Support and Help Resources
About this Community Announcements Page
The district is a central hub of activity in the community, particularly as it relates to educational and recreational opportunities available to children. This Community Announcements page is provided as a service to parents for informational purposes only. For more information about the activities and organizations listed below, please use the contact information provided with each entry. If you have a community announcement you would like posted, please click here to access the online submission form.
Bethlehem Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading 2013 registration now open
• BPW football is proud to announce that registration is now open for all flag, tackle and cheerleading. See our website, bpwfootball.com for pricing and information. All are welcome to participate (ages 5-15) in this family focused and fun sport. Flag football and Cubby Cheer (ages 5-7) is only $50!. Click here to register online or for more information. New in 2013: Improved Raffle Fundraiser; Reduced Price for Cubby Cheer/Flag Football (ages 5-7); NO games on Labor Day Weekend. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Bethlehem Public Library’s centennial celebrations begin
• Bethlehem Public Library in Delmar, NY is a hundred years old this year, and celebratory events for all ages are scheduled throughout May and June. Highlights include an ice cream social on May 11 with music by the Uncle Sam Barbershop Chorus, a reception and open house on May 18, a community read and book discussion on May 22, a Memorial Day Parade float, and a barbecue and minigolf event on June 29 with music by Playing With Fire. Tickets for the barbecue are on sale now at the library information desk. Details can be found in the latest edition of the library newsletter and online at www.bethlehempubliclibrary.org. The library website also features vintage photos and will soon contain a link to the ebook version of the library’s centennial book, They Built Better Than They Realized, which will be released in late May or early June. Takeaway event schedules for adults and children are also available in the library. Centennial events are sponsored by the Bethlehem Public Library Centennial Committee and Friends of Bethlehem Public Library. All events are rain-or-shine.
Broadway Bound to offer summer theatre camp to students
• Is your child dramatic? Do they love being onstage? Broadway Bound will be offering summer theatre camps at BCS again this summer! Check out the website for more info and to register.
Conservancy hosts afterschool eco-adventure
• The Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy and Critter Patrol are running an afterschool Eco Adventure Junior Forest Stewardship Program from now through the end of the school year for middle school students from 3:15 to 5:30 on Wednesdays at the Normanskill West Preserve (end of Normanskill Blvd. across from Delaware Plaza) and Thursdays at the Schiffendecker Preserve (Bender Lane off Route 32). Program is free with MHLC membership ($40 for one year.) Regular attendance not mandatory. For more information: www.mohawkhudson.org/, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-369-1533.
School's Out still has openings for 2013 summer program
• School's Out, Inc. still has a few openings left in our 2013 Summer Program. Visit our website or call our main office at 439-9300 for more information.
Girls Scouts looking for 6th-8th graders to form troop
• Attention all girls in 6th, 7th and 8th grade-Are you looking to have fun,learn new things or travel? Check out Girl Scouts-we are currently looking to form a troop for middle school girls out of Bethlehem M.S. Please contact: Julie Upstill at 518-489-8110 ext. 153
Girls Scouts looking for budding Daisies
• New Elsmere Girl Scout Daisy Troop looking to form for 1st year Daisies (Kindergarten.)Parents interested in volunteering as a Troop leader or Assistant Troop leader please contact Heather Rutski at email@example.com Volunteers are needed in order for this Troop to get started.
Award established in honor of longtime BC teacher Mary Jane Hughes
• The Bethlehem Central School District Music Department and the Bethlehem Music Association have announced this spring the establishment of an award in memory of longtime BC string teacher Mary Jane Hughes. Contributions may be payable to Bethlehem Central Community Foundation (or BCCF) with memo line: Mary Jane Hughes Memorial Award, and sent to The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region, Six Tower Place, Albany, NY 12203.
Del Lanes Junior Program has openings
• Are your kids looking for something fun to do on a Friday or Saturday? The Del Lanes Junior Program has openings for new or returning Junior Bowlers! We offer programs on Fridays at 4PM, as well as on Saturdays at 8:30AM and 10:30AM! We can accomodate any Juniors between the ages of 4-20! Come join the fun alone and make new friends, or bring a bunch of friends with you! Please email us at Del.Jr.Program@gmail.com or call 439-2224 for more information! We are also on Facebook by searching for "Del Lanes Junior Program," we hope to see you on the lanes!
Youth employment service
• Need part-time help? The Youth Employment Service (YES) has a large database of reliable teens eager for part-time work. Town of Bethlehem residents needing help with housework, yard work, babysitting, tutoring, animal care or handyman work should contact YES. Bethlehem businesses can also contact the service for help finding part-time staff. For more information, contact the YES Director, at 439-4955 ext. 1608 or YES@townofbethlehem.org