The district is a central hub of activity in the community, particularly as it relates to educational and recreational opportunities available to children. This Community Announcements page is provided as a service to parents for informational purposes only. For more information about the activities and organizations listed below, please use the contact information provided with each entry.
If you have a community announcement you would like posted, please click here to access the online submission form. *Please note that this submission does not automatically update our website. Please do not expect an immediate response. This page is manually maintained.
NEW YMCA CLASSES: EXPLORE ACTING OR LEARN ABOUT HAIR, MAKEUP & NAILS
The Bethlehem YMCA is now offering 2 brand new classes! Please contact Rusty Decker at the YMCA right away if you’re interested. For ages 10-18 we have an Explore Acting Class and for ages 10-13 we have a Hair, Nails and Makeup Class. Email email@example.com.
HAMAGRAEL CRAFT FAIR IS SATURDAY, DEC. 3
Come to the Hamagrael Craft Fair on Saturday December 3, 2016 to get your holiday shopping underway and please bring a gently used children’s book or books to donate to Grassroot Givers as part of an Eagle Scout candidate’s project.
REGISTER NOW FOR SPRING 2017 TRI-VILLAGE LITTLE LEAGUE
Registration for the 2017 spring baseball season has begun! Go to trivillagelittleleague.com to register. Registration for: Farm (approx. ages 8-9); Intermediate (approx. ages 9-11); Majors (approx. ages 10-12) divisions is open until March 1. Registration for Youth (approx. ages 5-6 with 4s from last four month of the year) and Junior (approx. ages 7-8) divisions is open until March 31. Register before January 1 for a $25 discount. Games begin in April.
STUDY ABROAD WITH ROTARY YOUTH EXCHANGE
Would you like to study abroad for a year? And make lifelong friends from all over the world? The Rotary Youth Exchange Program offers that opportunity. The Delmar Rotary Club is currently accepting applications for the Rotary Youth Exchange Program which would start August 2017. It is open to students 15-18 years old who are interested in traveling abroad. The deadline for application is October 31, 2016. More information on the Rotary Youth Exchange may be found at http://www.exchangestudent.org/. Please contact James Ebersold at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jayne DeaneWhite at email@example.com if you are interested in applying for 2017 or future years!!
YMCA TRAVEL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
The Bethlehem YMCA is currently recruiting volunteer coaches and players for Travel League Basketball teams. We are trying to put together 3 teams; 3rd/4th Grade, 5th/6th Grade and 7th/8th Grade. There will be FREE! open gym time in October for prospective players and coaches. Team practices will begin in November and the league games will begin December 3rd. Games are played on Saturdays, late morning or early afternoon at various YMCA locations in the Capital District. Players get 10 regular season games plus playoffs, team jerseys and matching shorts (to keep) and certified basketball officials at each game. Contact Rusty Decker firstname.lastname@example.org
CUB SCOUT AND BOY SCOUT INFORMATION
Scouting provides youth with an opportunity to try new things, provide service to others, build self-confidence, and reinforce ethical standards. These opportunities not only help them when they are young, but carry forward into their adult lives. The skills they learn in Scouting help them overcome obstacles and challenges with courage and character throughout their lives. Cub Scouts is open to all boys in grades 1-5. Boy Scouts is open to all boys ages 11 (or 10 and finished 5th grade) through 18. Venturing is a co-ed program available to all youth ages 14 through 21. For more information visit BeAScout.org or contact Jake Horner at 585-409-0622 or email@example.com.
By checking the appropriate box on the Community Announcements Submission Form, you are indicating you have read the following terms and conditions related to Bethlehem Central’s Community Announcements page:
- Submissions for the page will only be accepted through the Web-based “Community Announcements” form. No faxes, phone calls, hard copies or e-mails will be accepted. It is important that this process is streamlined so that all eligible community groups who submit announcements can have them posted.
- Announcements must advertise recreational and educational activities and programs that benefit children within the school community. These activities, events and programs must take place within school district boundaries to be considered for publication (per Board of Education Policy No. 1810.)
- Community organizations must provide a contact e-mail address or website to accompany their announcement.
- Announcements advertising fundraisers must be associated with the school district or students, and as such, will be published only after the fundraiser has received the necessary approvals under district policy governing such fundraising activities (Board of Education Policy Nos. 1222 and 5251).
- Community organizations submitting an announcement must indicate they have read the terms and the conditions.