The mission of the BCSD Library Media Program is to promote reading for personal and educational needs by maintaining relevant print and online resources, to collaborate with faculty to improve student achievement by designing units of study whereby students transform information into meaningful knowledge through inquiry and technology, and to guide students in becoming effective and ethical users of information “who are able to think critically and make judgments about the barrage of information that comes their way every day.”
- Visit the BCHS Library page for information on:
- BCMS Style Sheet [PDF]
- Library resources for parents
- Parenting Collection: The library media center has a small but growing Parenting Collection that may be borrowed using your middle school student’s name. We encourage parents to make use of these resources.
- Check out these excellent websites, designed to help parents and children explore books and literacy.
Lifelong Literacy (Library of Congress)
Parents’ Choice: Reviewing Children’s Media
Reading Is Fundamental
YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) Book Awards and Booklists
- Looking for the titles in a series? Check out these great resources:
Young Adult Books in Series and Sequels
Juvenile Series and Sequels
- Web sites by subject, magazines, encyclopedias, maps and search engines (Hamagrael LMC)
- Author webpages (on the homepage of most Elementary library pages)