The Eagle Elementary PTO is a self funding, non-profit organization that works with parents, teachers and community members in order to promote high standards in the education and well being of our children. Our purpose is to…
- fund-raise, and
Our PTO is only as strong as the commitments made by our parents. We need you and your support. With just a little time and involvement we can help our kids and their new school “Soar to Success!”
We welcome and encourage all families to join the PTO – we have a lot of work to do and we need energetic and enthusiastic participation – come to PTO meetings, contact board members and committee chairs, and share your thoughts, talents, ideas.
There are many ways for parents to get involved with PTO-sponsored activities. Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities!
- August 31, 2015: Welcome back letter from PTO President Carol Greenblatt
Your participation in our fundraising efforts will only increase the support we are able to offer to our school and to our children. Some of our annual fundraising events include:
- Silent Auction
- Fall and Spring Book Fairs
- Fall and Spring Flower Sales
- School Spirit Sale
- Krauses’ Candy Sale
Families are also welcome to make donations directly to the PTO if they would prefer to not participate in a specific fundraiser. Eagle Elementary also participates in a number of organization funding methods that give money to Eagle’s PTO:
- Price Chopper Tools for Schools: Associate your Advantage Card to Eagle Elementary, our school number is 41667.
- Hannaford School Dollars: These can be earned by purchasing specific products at Hannaford. Turn them in at the store or send them in with your child.
- Box Tops for Education: Clip boxtops from many vendors and send them in with your child, the box for these is located in the main office.
- Campbell’s Labels for Education: Send in soup labels, Pepperidge Farm, V8, etc. They can be sent in with your child or put in the Box Top collection bin.
- Box Top Marketplace: When shopping online begin at www.boxtops4education.com. The school gets a percentage of your purchase when you begin on this site.
- Target Take Charge of Education: Associate your Red Card with Eagle and we will get a 2% credit for your purchases.
- Colonie Center: Shop and show your receipts to the customer service desk to have them credited or stamped. Eagle earns money for all money you spend at Colonie Center.
Your fundraising participation and/or donations are very much appreciated and are critical to our ability to support the students, teachers and staff, to run familiar programs for the students, as well as to support new ventures. Thank you.
If you’d like to contact the PTO, please
- Carol Greenblatt
- Shilpi Debuka
- Chandra Mahna-Andrews
- Tracy Nautel
- Shilpa Hanchinal
- Sonia Narang
- Colleen Shields
- Amber Gough
2016-17 PTO Meeting Dates
- September 12
- November 14
- January 17
- March 16
- May 8
- June 13