Budget Vote: May 21, 2013 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• BCHS "Heart & Soul" Senior Art Show
• School Budget Vote & District Election, BCHS Gym, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Cafe/Empty Bowls, SPAS, 4:30-8 p.m.
• Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Memorial Day, No School/Offices Closed
• BCHS Awards Ceremony, 7 p.m.
What is the excel program?
EXCEL is a team-based concept designed to help students develop a positive attitude about school. Its ultimate goal is to create an educational environment that maximizes student success with State learning standards.
how does excel reach this goal?
Small Class Size
Usually limited to 15 students.
Opportunities for parent participation through social activities and special events.
Spring awards ceremony honors effort and achievement.
Common teacher planning period enables development/coordination of activities among math, science, social studies, and English classes.
Communication with Faculty
Learning Center teachers, guidance counselors, and other staff meet with EXCEL teachers regularly.
Activities such as workshops, field trips, team games, and and other events may be used for supplemental instruction and as incentives for positive behavior and academic performance.
excel program links
• Ms. McGinnis - Special Education (email)
• BC Talon
• Guide to Afterschool Activities [PDF]