• BOE Meeting, 7 p.m.
• NYSSMA Choral Majors, BCHS
• Junior Prom, 6-11 p.m.
April 28 & 30
• BCHS Concert, 7:30 p.m.
• BCHS 2nd Annual Girls Night Out, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
• BCHS Key Club Gong Show, 7 p.m.
• SAT I & II Exams, 7:45 a.m., BCHS
• VJCAT Presents: The Importance of Being Ernest, BCHS, 2pm & 7pm (RM: G100)
• VJCAT Presents: The Importance of Being Ernest, BCHS, 2pm (RM: G100)
• BCHS AP Exams
• BOE Meet the Candidates Night, 6:30 p.m.
• BOE Meeting, 7 p.m.
• BCHS Service Recognition Tea, 5-6:30 p.m.
• School Budget Vote & BOE Election, 7 a.m.-9 p.m., BCHS
Welcome to the Lab School
The Bethlehem Central Lab School is a small, rigorous high school program carved out of the larger Bethlehem High School in which it is physically situated. Designed by members of the Bethlehem faculty, administration and community, the Lab School is committed to excellence through innovation and represents a bold educational thrust into the 21st century. Lab School students and faculty alike have been characterized as a community of risk-takers, pioneering active modes of learning that frequently involve students in independent research, formal presentations and interdisciplinary projects - all in a context of demanding coursework and Regents mandates.
Chartered in 1992 as a local response to calls from business, government and
educational institutions to experiment with new methods of teaching and
learning, the Lab School has been featured in the local press, as well as in
national professional journals.
DOWNLOAD THE LAB SCHOOL BROCHURE [PDF] »
lab school News
Lab School Lottery for Incoming Freshmen
The lottery for incoming freshman is complete. Families can contact Lab School Coordinator Stephen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org beginning on Monday, February 10 to get an update on where their student is on lottery list.
What do you remember from high school?
Lab School Retreat at Camp Chingachgook
To build your community and learn by experience are key tenants of Bethlehem’s Lab School. Every fall, Lab School students, parents and faculty gather at Camp Chingachgook in September to welcome our freshman students. This trip marked the kick-off of our 21st year.
Mr. Mitchell, a Lab School teacher and mentor, takes us through the Lab School’s recent retreat to Camp Chingachgook in Kattskill Bay, NY.
Photo Gallery: BCHS Lab School students walk for hunger
On Saturday, Dec. 1, the Lab School held a walk for hunger and raised $2,100 for the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York. More the 60 Lab School students, parents and teachers walked from the high school to the Four Corners and back before making the donation to Bill Quandt from the Regional Food Bank. VIEW THE PHOTO GALLERY »
lab school video
Futures - Lab School Video Update on March 2014
NOTE: Older Lab School videos can be found here.
lab school links
• Download the Lab School brochure [PDF]
• Lab School Yearbook order form [PDF]
• Lab School Open House PowerPoint [PDF]
• Lab School Open House Slide Show [PDF]
• BC Talon
• BC Pride
• Guide to Afterschool Activities [PDF]
• School Profile [PDF]