• ACT Exams at BCHS, 7:45 a.m.
• No School, Spring Break
• BOE Meeting, 7 p.m.
• NYSSMA Choral Majors, BCHS
• Junior Prom, 6-11 p.m.
April 28 & 30
• BCHS Concert, 7:30 p.m.
• BCHS 2nd Annual Girls Night Out, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
• BCHS Key Club Gong Show, 7 p.m.
• SAT I & II Exams, 7:45 a.m., BCHS
• VJCAT Presents: The Importance of Being Ernest, BCHS, 2pm & 7pm (RM: G100)
• VJCAT Presents: The Importance of Being Ernest, BCHS, 2pm (RM: G100)
• BCHS AP Exams
• BOE Meet the Candidates Night, 6:30 p.m.
• BOE Meeting, 7 p.m.
• BCHS Service Recognition Tea, 5-6:30 p.m.
• School Budget Vote & BOE Election, 7 a.m.-9 p.m., BCHS
BCSD takes steps to ensure safety after
MRSA diagnosis in other district
The Bethlehem Central School District is taking steps to ensure the safety of its students after it has come to our attention that a football player at another high school within our division has been diagnosed with MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), a soft tissue infection which is spread by direct contact.
According to the Ballston Spa Central School District, the student has undergone medical treatment, is not contagious, and has been cleared by his physician to return to school.
However, in order to take every precaution to uphold the safety of Bethlehem’s students and staff, our custodial staff is disinfecting the High School locker room and athletes are bagging and bringing home athletic apparel for proper cleaning. According to the Center for Disease Control's Guidelines on Environmental Cleaning & Disinfecting for MRSA, "routine laundry procedures, detergents, and laundry additives will all help to make clothes, towels, and linens safe to wear or touch. If items have been contaminated by infectious material, these may be laundered separately, but this is not absolutely necessary."
While it is primarily high school athletes that are at risk of exposure in this particular circumstance, we encourage all parents to take the time to review the following information regarding MRSA:
The health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance and we thank you for your attention to this matter.
For more information, please contact BCHS School Nurse Annmarie Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 439-4921 X 22940.
• BC Talon
• BC Pride
• Guide to Afterschool Activities [PDF]
• School Profile [PDF]