Budget Vote: May 21, 2013 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Grade 5 Visits BCMS
• Grade 6 Half Day
• School Budget Vote & District Election, BCHS Gym, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
• BCMS Art Show and Auction 5-7 p.m. (Auction at 6:30)
• Memorial Day, No School/Offices Closed
• Literacy Fair, 6-8:30 p.m.
• MS Half Day, All Grades, 10:38 a.m. dismissal
• MS Half Day, Grades 6 & 7, 10:38 a.m. dismissal
• Grade 8 Moving Up Ceremony at BCHS
The mission of the Bethlehem Central Middle School Counseling department is to provide all students with a comprehensive, developmental counseling program. This program will foster and ensure the personal/social, academic and career development of all students. The Bethlehem School Counselors, in collaboration with the middle school staff, will encourage and help develop the creative talents hidden in all students. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians and the community, school counselors will facilitate a program that enables students to increase their skills to think critically, make wise choices and be productive members of society.
In light of the above statement, the school counselors believe:
• All students deserve the same opportunity to achieve to the best of their ability.
• All students are entitled to support services in the areas of academics, personal growth, social/emotional development and career readiness.
• All students are unique and learn in different ways.
• All students will be provided with a comprehensive school counseling program that will be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning and differences in learning styles.
• Students have the potential to be productive citizens
• All students have the ability to view the future in a positive way.
• All students can make wise choices and act with self-discipline.
To that end we believe our comprehensive school counseling program:
• Enhances and promotes character.
• Utilizes an eclectic approach to program delivery.
• Is proactive rather than reactive in nature.
• Has the ability to sculpt services to address the ever changing needs of our students.
• Allows all students access to a full-time, state certified, masters-degree-level school counselor to deliver the counseling program.
• Monitors all students’ progress.
• Engages students in large group, classroom, small group and individual activities to promote growth.
• Uses data from assessment tools to judge program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Will be accumbent with the ASCA National Model and ASCA Ethical guidelines.
Counseling center links
BCMS Counseling Center News
• Activities Guide [PDF]