Dear Elsmere Families,
This week has been a hard one for us parents, school staff and adults around the country as we struggle to make sense of the senseless loss of children in Texas. We are fortunate at school to have the daily smiles and laughter of our children, which keep us focused on working toward a peaceful future. Indeed there have been a lot of smiles this week. Check our photos to catch a glimpse.
Four big thank yous and one ask this week:
Four Thank Yous
- Thank you to the Walsh Family for the donation of a class plant for every class. Your child may have told you our little joke about a new Elsmere Family, the Floras, who have a child in every single class! So this week we welcomed our shy new friends, Ferny, Gerald Gilbert, Lucy and all their siblings who need help with getting hydrated, enjoy listening to stories and provide all the benefits a class plant has to offer.
- Gracias to the Harmath Family for the donation of a lovely bench for our front yard. There is nothing quite like relaxing in the sun or shade with a good friend! This bench has already helped to make our school more welcoming.
- Thanks to M&K Nursery for the donation of MANY baby marigolds. A plethora of these have been planted around the school with many more being sent home today to connect your home gardens with our school. Some of them are quite thirsty and need a good deal of TLC!
- Vielen Dank to our PTA for organizing our Kindergarten Breakfast on Thursday. It was a beautiful morning for bagels and chats.
- PTA is in desperate need of a secretary. This would be a great opportunity for a parent of a K, 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade student. Not much is required of the position. Please see the description here.
- May 31 – Elsmere Spring Concert at the Middle School – 6pm grade 4, 7pm – grade 5
- June 10 is Field Day. This will be a full day of teamwork, learning and celebration. Students are asked to wear their grade level colors:
- Kindergarten: Orange
- First: Yellow
- Second: Blue
- Third: Green
- Fourth: Red
- Fifth: Tie Dye