Dear Elsmere Families,
Happy start to a three-day weekend. It is hard to believe that we are almost halfway through October already! We had a good, short week at Elsmere as you can see from our photos here.
Something new for reporting absences, lateness or early dismissal! You may simply complete this form or you are welcome to contact the office. This form is also on the home page of our Elsmere google site.
As we continue to help foster a love of learning at school, there are some ideas to extend this at home with adults including:
- Take a class just for fun (cooking, yoga, auto mechanics, astronomy, etc.)
- Every day, read a chapter of a book just for fun.
- Decide to become an expert in a specialized topic and begin collecting (and reading) books on the subject.
- Every weekend, discover a new area of your neighborhood, town, or city.
Next week will be another busy one for us:
- M – October 10 No School – Columbus / Indigeous Peoples Day
- T – October 11 Fire Department visits
- W – October 12 Walk / Bike to School Day
- Th – October 13 7 pm – PTA
- F – October 14 5:30-6:30 – K/1 Potluck
The first ever BC Spirit Run will be held on Friday, November 11 at the Elm Ave. Town Park. Find out more information about this event, and other fun family activities in our virtual backpack here.
You may know that all of our Bethlehem students have an individual Chromebook assigned to them for school use. This document provides more information, including the usage guidelines.
Wishing you a delightful three-day weekend!