Taxpayer Information & Tax Rates
Tax Rates | Tax Bill Information | Paying Your Tax Bill | Frequently Asked Questions
School Tax Rates
The Board of Education typically sets the tax rates for each school year in August. The tax rates are based upon the total tax levy for the year in the approved budget and final municipal assessments for the Town of Bethlehem and the Town of New Scotland. Tax rates sometimes vary between the towns because property in each is assessed at different levels in relation to full market value. After the towns submit final assessment information to the state Office of Real Property Services each summer, the state assigns each community an equalization rate to account for these differences in assessment practices. The equalization process is designed to fairly apportion the total tax levy between the towns and result in similar tax bills for properties with similar values regardless of municipality. The district does not control any part of the assessment or equalization process.
Listed below are the school tax rates for the past several years. Tax rates are per $1,000 of assessed property value. *Note: The district sets final tax rates each August, after the towns finalize assessment figures and the state sets the equalization rates.
- Town: Bethlehem
- 2022-23: $21.27
- 2021-22: $21.51
- 2020-21: $21.54
- 2019-20: $21.28
- 2018-19: $21.08
- 2017-18: $20.76
- 2016-17: $20.88
- Town: New Scotland
Tax Bill Information
Residents of the Bethlehem Central School District can look up their school tax bill online by clicking on this link.
Paying Your Tax Bill
The district uses a consolidated payment system administered by Capital Region BOCES. You have several options for paying school taxes:
PLEASE NOTE: Tax payments cannot be accepted at the School’s Business Office or at Town of Bethlehem offices.
- Mail-In Payments: Checks should be made payable to the Bethlehem Central Tax Collector. Mail payment**, along with the appropriate bill stub to:
Bethlehem Central School District
Bethlehem Central High SchoolSchool Tax Collector700 Delaware AvenueDelmar, NY 12054
- In-Person Payments: This option is only available from Sept.1 through Nov. 1. No payments can be accepted after November 1. In order to make your school tax payment in person, you must bring your entire bill with you to one of the following locations:
- Pioneer Bank – Delmar Branch 184 Delaware Avenue, Delmar M-W: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Th-F: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pioneer Bank – Glenmont Branch 329 Glenmont Road, Glenmont M-W: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Th-F: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Online Payments: Pay your school taxes using your Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card. Click here to be taken to our online payment provider’s site. Their fee includes a one-time transaction fee of $0.50 plus a 3.00% site fee for each item.
- Payment by E-check: This is a convenient, fully automated electronic payment system allowing you to pay taxes directly from your checking or savings account. Please make sure that e-checks are allowed on the account you are using. A graduated fee schedule applies, starting at $4.95. Payments greater than $2,499 are charged an additional 0.5%. Click here to pay by E-check.