There has recently been an increase in respiratory illnesses statewide, including influenza, RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) and COVID-19. BCSD encourages the following precautions to keep our students, staff and the community healthy.
- Stay home when sick or symptomatic. Students should be fever free without fever-reducing medication for 24 hours and symptoms improving before they return to school
- Test for COVID-19 if symptomatic or in close contact with a positive individual and follow isolation guidance if positive. Please call the school nurse with any questions.
- Wash hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue
- Stay up to date on vaccines, including flu and COVID-19
For more information on COVID-19, influenza and RSV please visit the following links: