BCMS Library Media Center
Welcome to the BCMS Library Media Center
Make it work, designers! I mean, students. Be a part of our very own Project Runway after school March 1st in the LMC. Work in teams to create the most exciting and innovative look using a bag full of mystery items. Prizes and snacks will be available.
Join the BCMS Library Media Center Google Classroom and take the Favorite Books Quiz! Our class code: 6rsauj
You may check out up to four items at any given time. You may not check out any items if you have overdue materials. Once overdue materials are returned, you are free to check out new materials. You must reimburse the library for any lost materials. Loan periods are:
- Books: 3 weeks
- Magazines: 1 week (one magazine out at a time)
- Reference Books: Do not circulate (occasional overnight use at librarian’s discretion)
- Audiobooks: 2 week
- Video and software: Circulate to teachers only
The LMC houses a variety of collections. Fiction is organized by genre (Animals, Fantasy, Realistic Fiction, etc.), and within each genre, by the author’s last name. Nonfiction and reference items are organized by the Dewey Decimal Classification System [PDF].
The LMC has a number of computers for research, word processing and the Internet. During classes, homebase and after school, computers may be used for school-related research/topics. Sixth graders and other students new to the district must have an Acceptable Use Policy signed by a parent/guardian before they may use the Internet. Students are expected to use computers in a responsible manner by abiding by the BCMS Computer Use Guidelines [PDF].
- Show respect for fellow Library Media Center users. Quiet talk is allowed if it is not disruptive to classes and other students.
- Treat library materials and equipment with care.
- Food, drinks, gum, hats, and personal electronic devices are not permitted.
|Books & Reading|
|Web Resources for Students|
|Research Guide & Resources|
Our mission is to support the curriculum to create a lifelong love of reading in our students. Using the American Association of School Librarians’ Standards for the 21st Century Student Learner to support the New York State Learning Standards and Core Curriculum, we collaborate with teachers to develop students who can think critically and work independently.
Library Media Center Staff
Silvia Lilly, Library Media Specialist email@example.com
Jaimee Meyer, Library Media Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Fitzpatrick, Library Assistant email@example.com
Mona Larsen, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
After-School Hours: T-Th, 2:45 to 3:30 p.m.
- Middle School Online Catalog
- OverDrive (Our digital collection of titles)
- Capital Region BOCES Library Catalog
To search all member libraries: 1. select a library. 2. change “location” to
Capital Region BOCES School Library System. 3.search
- Bethlehem Public Library
- Excelsior Online Catalog (New York State Library)
- Library of Congress
- Grolier Online
- World Book
- ELibrary Elementary
- American History (ABC-CLIO)
- Career Cruising
- Living Green
- Teen Health & Wellness