The district offers a full-day kindergarten program. Registration for incoming kindergarten students will open on January 16, 2023. Families can use one of the following ways to register their kindergarten students for the 2023-24 school year:
- Online registration using our Aspen Student Information System (Aspen online registration will not open until Jan. 16); OR
- Download a registration packet from website and return by email, regular mail, fax or drop box; OR
- Make an appointment for in-person registration by calling 518-439-2442.
Note: Either way you choose to register, it is important to include the “Important Additional Required Documents” from the list below.
Kindergarten registration opens January 16, 2023
Option 1: Online Registration using Aspen
All kindergarten registration forms can be accessed via Aspen.
Already have an Aspen account?
- Login to Aspen
- Go to your “Pages” Tab
- On the right-hand side there is an area labeled “Start a new Online Registration.” Click on “Initiate” and it will walk you through the process.
- Be sure to go to the “Kindergarten Tab” for additional forms to be completed and uploaded.
- You will be able to upload your “Important Additional Required Documents” directly into Aspen as part of the registration process.
Not registered in Aspen yet?
- Visit our website at www.bethlehemschools.org
- Click the blue Aspen icon at top-right of the page
- Click “Log in to Aspen”
- On the Aspen home page, under Login ID you can select “Request an account.” From there you will be able to set-up an account to use the online registration.
Option 2: Registration by email, regular mail or dropbox
All kindergarten registration forms can be downloaded and printed from our website. The Kindergarten Registration Packet [PDF] can be found at www.bethlehemschools.org/register.If you have trouble accessing these documents, please contact District Registrar, Melissa Haas at 518-439-2442.
After you have downloaded and completed the forms from the website, you can return the completed forms, along with copies of your “Important Additional Required Documents” in one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 518-475-0352
- Regular mail: Melissa Haas, District Registrar, 700 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054
- Dropbox: A secure drop box is located at the main entrance (Delaware Ave. side) of the high school.
Option 3: Call 518-439-2442 for an appointment.
Important Additional Required Documents (needed for both Option 1, Option 2 and Option 3)
Copies of the following documents are required whether you are registering via Aspen, or with a downloaded copy of our registration packet from our website. These must be submitted with your child’s registration:
- Three (3) Proofs of Residency from this list:
- Valid homeowner’s insurance policy with parent/guardian name and address;
- Valid auto insurance policy with parent/guardian name and address;
- Cable television installation receipt;
- National Grid bill;
- Legal and valid lease agreement containing property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.
- Home purchase contract containing seller’s name, the address of the property being purchased and the purchaser’s name.
- Birth Certificate or passport (Your child must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2022)
- Current Immunization Record (official record signed by physician)
- Parent/Guardian License or Picture ID
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
Without the above items, your child will not be registered.
A note about special education
If your child receives special education services and you do not plan to send him/her to kindergarten in the fall, you must still register at this time and contact Laura Bronson, CPSE Chairperson, at the Special Education and Student Services at 439-8886 ext. 2, so you can discuss your child’s special education needs.
Once your child has registered, you will be notified of your home elementary school. The home elementary school is the school your child will attend in grades K-5. Screenings for kindergarten will take place at a later time.
If you do not register your child by March 1st, they will not be guaranteed their home school for 2023-2024 school year.
It is important that families have all required documentation to register their child. If you have any questions or if you do NOT plan to register your child in our kindergarten program this year, please contact District Registrar Melissa Haas at (518) 439-2442 or email email@example.com.
For private school families
If you are planning to send your child to a private kindergarten program and wish to use district transportation, you MUST register your child with the district. Please submit the enrollment form, birth certificate, three proofs of your address and the Private/Parochial School Transportation Request Form Private/Parochial School Transportation Request Form by April 1, 2023.