Welcome to the BCMS LMC
Most book requests are filled the same day, assuming the book is available. Please check your email for notification that your book is ready and come to the LMC ASAP to pick it up.
- Directions for requesting books from our LMC. Please contact Ms. Lilly with issues!
- Remember to check out our ebook collection available by searching our catalog or click here to get started!
You may check out up to four items at any given time. You may not check out any items if you have overdue materials. Once overdue materials are returned, you are free to check out new materials. You must reimburse the library for any lost materials.
Loan periods are:
- Books: 3 weeks
- Graphic Novels: 2 weeks
- Magazines: 1 week (one magazine out at a time)
- Reference Books: Do not circulate (occasional overnight use at librarian’s discretion)
- Audiobooks: 2 weeks
- Video and software: Circulate to teachers only
- Show respect for fellow Library Media Center users. Quiet talk is allowed if it is not disruptive to classes and other students.
- Treat library materials and equipment with care.
- Food, drinks, gum, hats, and personal electronic devices, other than school issued Chrome Books, are not permitted.
The vision of the BCSD Library Media Program is to encourage and facilitate students in becoming lifelong users, evaluators and creators of information.
This is accomplished by:
- Selecting and maintaining relevant and current print and online resources to promote reading for personal and educational needs
- Collaborating with faculty and the larger community to improve student achievement
- Developing learning experiences whereby students transform information into meaningful knowledge through inquiry and technology
- Guiding students in becoming effective and ethical users of information who are able to think critically
- World Book
- Career Cruising
- Living Green
- Rosen Learning Center
- American Reformers
- National History Day