Every year around the holidays, the Bethlehem Central School District organizes a Holiday Caring and Sharing Drive to provide families in our community, who may be struggling to make ends meet, with food and gift cards ahead of the holiday break. In recent years, with community donations and support, the district has assisted hundreds of families in this effort.
The district understands that the struggles some families face are not limited to a certain time of year, and that everyone at one time or another may experience periods of economic stress that are unexpected and overwhelming. This can make paying for things like field trips and school supplies difficult at any time during the school year. That is why Bethlehem Central expanded its outreach to let families know that help is available throughout the school year!
“Every school in Bethlehem has staff and resources to help families who may be experiencing difficulties,” said Superintendent Jody Monroe. “We want to provide all children with what they need to make every day successful and make school trips memorable, not stressful. The district works with families to find available resources to help pay for these expenses.”
If you are a family who could use assistance, please call the school nurse at your child’s school. Also, if you happen to know a family in the district who could use a helping hand, not just during the holidays, please share this important information with them.
- Eagle Elementary – Stacie Decker, School Nurse: 694-3953
- Elsmere Elementary – Linda Jean Isenberg, School Nurse: 439-3019
- Glenmont Elementary – Mary Ellen Fusco, School Nurse: 439-4929
- Hamagrael Elementary – Monica Vail, School Nurse: 439-8889
- Slingerlands Elementary – Kathy Betzhold, School Nurse: 439-8984
- BCMS – JoAnn Menrath, Laura Collier & Mary Ann Bruno, School Nurse: 439-7705
- BCHS – Beth Callahan & Annemarie Marsh, School Nurse: 439-4921