The Bethlehem Central School District is a proud member of its community and considers itself an important hub of healthy community activities and education, as well as information and awareness. The BC Community Announcements page provides information regarding educational and recreational activities and programs that benefit the students and families of the district.
If you want your organization’s programs or events listed below, please use this form. Only listings that meet the terms and conditions set by Board Policy 1810 will be considered for publication. This information can be found below.
The Community Announcements page is updated weekly throughout the school year.
Community Events and Activities
Bethlehem Girls Basketball Club Registration Underway
Registration for the Bethlehem Girls Basketball Club is now underway. BGBC is open to players who reside in the BCSD and are in 3rd thru 8th grade. To learn more about BGBC, visit our website.
Town of Bethlehem Fall Activities
There are plenty of events, activities and recreational opportunities available from the Town of Bethlehem’s Parks and Recreation Department. You can check out their Fall Playbook here.
Policies, procedures and guidelines
- No announcements from for-profit organizations will be published.
- Announcements will be published from groups affiliated with the District (often referred to as Bethlehem Central President’s Council member groups). A list of these organizations can be found below.
- In addition, announcements regarding recreational and educational activities and programs that benefit children within the school community may be published. These activities, events, and programs must take place within District boundaries to be considered for publication.
- From time to time, it is recognized that the Towns of Bethlehem and New Scotland seek to bring attention to important information for town residents. When one of the towns identifies information of such importance, publication will be considered.
- Advertising/Announcements for both student fundraisers and fundraisers for booster clubs and parent organizations (groups affiliated with the District) will be published only after the fundraiser has received the necessary approvals under District policy governing such fund-raising activities.
- The final decision on what may or may not be disseminated using Bethlehem Central School District communication tools lies with the superintendent.
President’s Council Member Groups
- Eagle Elementary PTO
- Elsmere Elementary PTA
- Glenmont Elementary PTA
- Hamagrael Elementary PTA
- Slingerlands Elementary PTO
- Middle School PTO
- High School PTO
- Bethlehem Central Community Organization
- Bethlehem Central Athletic Association
- Bethlehem Music Association
- Bethlehem Opportunities Unlimited
- Special Education Parents Advisory Group
- Healthy Kids Committee
- Lab School Parent Organization
If you have any questions, please contact the BC Communications Office at 518-439-3650 or by email at email@example.com.