In June 2023, the Bethlehem Central School District began using ParentSquare for district-level communications. ParentSquare has replaced School Messenger for emergency communications and district-generated news. In 2023-24, ParentSquare will be used at the building and classroom levels to consolidate school-to-home communications so parents and guardians will be able to find all school-related information in one place.
Important information about the move to ParentSquare
Current employees and parents/guardians of students do not need to do anything to receive important messages. You are automatically connected to ParentSquare. Messages sent by the district will reach you by email, text or automated phone calls. (Email is the primary mode of communication used by the district. Text messaging is used for more time-sensitive communication and automated calls are only used for emergency notifications.)
One of the great features of ParentSquare is that families can customize how and when they receive routine information from the district by creating an account in ParentSquare. You can also review and update your contact information in ParentSquare. There is also a mobile app that allows families to receive information at their fingertips.
Create an account in ParentSquare
- Parents/guardians of current students and current staff are automatically connected to ParentSquare, however, creating an account can provide you with additional options for communicating via ParentSquare
- You can log in or sign-up for ParentSquare by going to: https://www.parentsquare.com/signin
- Enter your primary email address or cell number that is on file at the school district. If the system does not recognize your email or password, contact the BCSD Communications Office at email@example.com for assistance
- To access ParentSquare on your phone and receive app notifications, download the ParentSquare app for iOS or Android on your phone
Here’s what you will be able to do with ParentSquare
- Receive messages from the district via email, text, or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once at 6 pm daily (this does not include alerts that will be sent to you immediately if timely communication is necessary)
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Get calendar reminders
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences with smart online technology (coming in 2023-24)
- Sign forms & permission slips, sign up to volunteer, and more all from your phone or web portal (coming in 2023-24)
- Participate in group messages (coming in 2023-24)
If you are NOT a current parent/guardian or staff member, you can still receive BCSD news
Community members who would like to receive messages from the district should register for the school district’s “BCSD News for Community Members.” By joining this group, you will receive district announcements that pertain to the whole community (i.e. community forums and events, voting information, significant news and information); board meeting announcements; messages about snow days; and information about student and staff achievements and awards.
- If you are NOT a current parent/guardian or staff member, go to https://www.parentsquare.com/community_signups/382d5fba-70f3-4be6-a1bd-3c33fc37b984/new and enter your name and email address, select “BCSD News for Community Members” and click “Submit.”
- You will receive an email from ParentSquare to activate your account. Click on the link that says, “Activate Your Account” in the email.
- This will bring you to a screen where you will need to establish a password and accept the terms and conditions. After those are done, click “Register.”
- This will bring you to a screen where you will need to verify that the account information is your own. If so, click “Yes, This is Me.” You will again be asked to verify that you would like to move forward.
- This will bring you to the home page where posts/messages from the district will be displayed. Your account is active.