Free and Reduced Lunch applications for 2022-23 now available

All BC cafeterias will return to paid meals in 2022-23 now that a federal COVID waiver that had provided a free meal program for all students has expired. Important free & reduced meal information can be found below. 

If you are unsure if you qualify for this benefit or if you are unable to access the application and information linked above, please contact the Food Service Department at (518) 439-8885. Additionally, anyone who needs assistance filling out the form should also call the Food Service Department.

The BC Food Services Department webpage can be viewed here.

Application Instructions

To apply for free and reduced price meals, complete only one application for your household using the instructions below. Sign the application and return the application to YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL.

If you have a foster child in your household, you may include them on your application. A separate application is not needed. Call the school if you need help: 518-439-8885. Ensure that all information is provided. Failure to do so may result in denial of benefits for your child or unnecessary delay in approving your application.


  1. Print the names of the children, including foster children, for whom you are applying on one application.
  2. List their grade and school.
  3. Check the box to indicate a foster child living in your household, or if you believe any child meets the description for homeless, migrant, runaway (a school staff member will confirm this eligibility).


  1. List a current SNAP, TANF or FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations) case number of anyone living in your household. The case number is provided on your benefit letter.
  2. An adult household member must sign the application in PART 4.  SKIP PART 3.  Do not list names of household members or income if you list a SNAP case number, TANF or FDPIR number.


  1. Write the names of everyone in your household, whether or not they get income. Include yourself, the children you are applying for, all other children, your spouse, grandparents, and other related and unrelated people in your household. Use another piece of paper if you need more space.
  2. Write the amount of current income each household member receives, before taxes or anything else is taken out, and indicate where it came from, such as earnings, welfare, pensions and other income. If the current income was more or less than usual, write that person’s usual income. Specify how often this income amount is received: weekly, every other week (bi-weekly), 2 x per month, monthly. If no income, check the box. The value of any child care provided or arranged, or any amount received as payment for such child care or reimbursement for costs incurred for such care under the Child Care and Development Block Grant, TANF and At Risk Child Care Programs should not be considered as income for this program.
  3. Enter the total number of household members in the box provided. This number should include all adults and children in the household and should reflect the members listed in PART 1 and PART 3.
  4. The application must include the last four digits only of the social security number of the adult who signs PART 4 if Part 3 is completed. If the adult does not have a social security number, check the box. If you listed a SNAP, TANF or FDPIR number, a social security number is not needed.
  5. An adult household member must sign the application in PART 4.

OTHER BENEFITS:  Your child may be eligible for benefits such as Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). To determine if your child is eligible, program officials need information from your free and reduced price meal application. Your written consent is required before any information may be released. Please refer to the attached parent Disclosure Letter and Consent Statement for information about other benefits.


Use of Information Statement: The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not submit all needed information, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced-price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the primary wage earner or other adult household member who signs the application. The social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced-price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs.

We may share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442                                           
  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.