Some taxpayers in the Bethlehem Central School District have reported to the district’s business office that it is taking longer than usual for checks to clear this year. District officials have looked into this issue and have found that possible third-party processing delays and/or mail delivery delays caused by staffing shortages may be to blame.
For taxpayers who have mailed their payment: Please keep in mind that it is the postmark date that is used by the district as the payment date. The date on which your check is cleared by your financial institution or our third-party bill collector does not affect this payment date or any associated late fees.
For taxpayers who have not yet submitted their tax payments and want to ensure prompt receipt of payment, please consider other payment options, including payment in person. Information can be found below:
- In-Person Payments at Pioneer Bank: In order to make your school tax payment in person, you must bring your entire bill with you to one of the following locations:
- Pioneer Bank – Delmar Branch 184 Delaware Avenue, Delmar M-W: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Th-F: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pioneer Bank – Glenmont Branch 329 Glenmont Road, Glenmont M-W: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Th-F: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Online Payments: Pay your school taxes using your Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card. Click here to be taken to our online tax bill search information. Please note: Once you have found your tax information, be sure to click “Details” to find payment information. There is fee that includes a one-time transaction fee of $0.50 plus a 3.00% site fee for each item.
- Payment by E-check: This is a convenient, fully automated electronic payment system allowing you to pay taxes directly from your checking or savings account. Please make sure that e-checks are allowed on the account you are using. A graduated fee schedule applies, starting at $4.95. Payments greater than $2,499 are charged an additional 0.5%. Click here to pay by E-check.