Registration is underway for high school students who want to participate in winter sports. For middle school students, the registration period for most winter sports opens on Oct. 22. Please note there has been a change to the start date/registration for the co-ed modified (7/8) swim and dive. All information can be found below:
Winter Sports Beginning in November
- Boys Basketball (Var, JV, Freshman, Mod 7/8)
- Girls Basketball (Var, JV, Mod 9, Mod 7/8)
- Ice Hockey (Varsity)
- Wrestling (Mod 7/8, JV, Var)
- Winter Cheer (Varsity)
- Boys Bowling (Varsity)
- Girls Bowling (Varsity)
- Boys Swim & Dive (Var.)
- Boys Indoor Track & Field (Var, JV, Freshman)
- Girls Indoor Track & Field (Var, JV, Freshman)
Important Note: Two sports begin later in the season:
- Modified Swim & Dive (Co-Ed 7/8) will begin Jan. 17. There will be a separate sign-up that will open on Dec. 17. This is a change from information sent earlier.
- Unified Bowling begins in late winter (February) – There will be a separate sign-up that will be announced at a later date.
This year, Bethlehem Central School district is using online sports registration through FamilyID. FamilyID is a secure registration platform operated by Arbiter Sports that offers families an easy, user-friendly way to register for athletics, and helps make the process more efficient with less printing and less paper.
Registration via Family ID will open 30 days prior to the start of the winter season. See dates below:
Season start dates
- November 14, 2022: High school fall sports season begins (Registration opens on Oct. 15)
- November 21, 2022: Middle school fall sports season begins (Registration opens on Oct. 22)
You can learn more about Family ID and/or set up your FamilyID profile NOW to prepare for the winter registration process. All Family ID information can be found below.
- Visit/bookmark the FamilyID website.
- Watch a video tutorial: How to Sign Up for a Program Using FamilyID
When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You will be able to enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs. If you already registered your child for the fall 2022 sports season, you will be able to use their existing profile.
To help you prepare for the online sports registration, please be sure to have the following information readily available so that your sign-up experience is a positive one:
- A copy of your student’s most recent physical dated November 1, 2021 to present (for Modified Swim & Dive, the physical must be dated January 1, 2022 to date of sign up.)
- Authorization for Administration of Medication form (if applicable)
- Information for two emergency contacts
- Student’s physician contact information
- Student’s dentist contact information
- Student’s medical history
- If your child has tested positive for COVID: the BCSD Return to Play form (if not already completed and submitted)