On Friday, October 15, nearly 50 middle school students were surprised to learn they were being treated to a special celebration and a “Pit Party” after being selected by teachers for demonstrating positive character traits.
The best part of the celebration? They each got to bring along a friend.
Several times a year, as part of the school’s Character Education Program, students are honored for specific observed character traits outlined in the BCMS Pillars of Character. Each team nominates students who have demonstrated one of the highlighted character traits on a consistent basis.
The following students were recognized for demonstrating the character traits of kindness, teamwork, gratitude, humor and love of learning.
Congratulations to all!
- Scarlett Arnold – Scarlett is kind and considerate to both teachers and peers. She always has something positive to add to classroom conversations and genuinely cares about others.
- Myles Hammond – Myles is such a nice person. This makes it easy for him to work with just about anyone. He enjoys hearing other people’s points of view and is genuinely happy for his whole team when they succeed.
- Josey McCarthy – Josey always works hard to make sure she has done her very best. She asks appropriate questions when she needs clarification. She enjoys learning new things and is an important part of the classroom community.
- Aidyn Meier – Aidyn always takes the time to say please and thank you. She truly appreciates the important people in her life and is grateful for the good things that come her way.
- John Pollock – John keeps us laughing every day. He seems to be able to sense when someone needs a good chuckle to brighten their day but also knows when it is time to be more serious to get things done.
- Nicholas DiMola – Nicholas appreciates and acknowledges the hard work of others. He thanks his teachers after class and always puts in his best effort. His teachers are grateful for students like him!
- Nicholas Lapierre – Nick is always smiling and brings laughter to lighten and brighten everyone’s day!
- Addison Livingston – Addison walks into class each morning with a positive attitude and a kind heart. She asks others how they are doing and is genuinely involved in their lives; spreading kindness in all her interactions.
- Brooke Vielkind – Brooke’s enthusiasm for learning is contagious. She inspires curiosity, creative thinking, and joy along her path to greater knowledge.
- Heidi Wood – Heidi is respectful and always willing to work with others. She brings people together though her positivity.
- Savannah Blowers – Savannah shows gratitude towards her teachers and classmates. Savannah thanks teachers for teaching her and helping her understand the topics being discussed. She is helpful to those around her and is a role model to her classmates.
- Joey Cassata – Joey shows Gratitude when he addresses teachers by name and thanks teachers for teaching him. Joey is genuinely thankful and he regularly tells adults to “have a good day.”
- Josh Davenport – Josh shows Teamwork both during class and during other school activities. Josh is helpful towards his classmates and teachers. Josh works to take down the chairs during homeroom, he helps those in need during class and cheers on others during Ultimate Frisbee. Josh is a role model for his classmates.
- Gabby Grissell – Gabby shows Teamwork throughout her classes. Gabby participates, asks questions and works hard to understand the topics being discussed. She looks out for her classmates and is always willing to help out those in need. Gabby wants to make sure that all students are included and no one is left out.
- Ethan Guo – Ethan shows a Love of Learning throughout the school day. Ethan participates during class and asks questions to deepen his understanding of a topic. Ethan works hard to do well and wants to put forth his very best effort. Ethan is a role model for his classmates and works well with others.
- Milo Meyer – Milo shows Kindness towards those around him. He is polite and genuinely cares about how others are feeling. Milo is helpful toward others.
- James Richman – James shows a Love of Learning throughout all of his classes. James has a lot of knowledge on many topics and he enjoys sharing that with his classmates. He asks questions during class and wants to learn more about what is being discussed. He is an enthusiastic learner.
- Liam Singh – Liam shows Kindness throughout the school day. Liam is polite and respectful toward those around him. He recognizes when a classmate needs help and is willing to step up and help out. Liam is a role model for others.
- Isabella Bohley – Isabella works very well with others. She takes a positive leadership role without being bossy.
- Derrick Danza – Derrick always seems to have a smile on his face and makes others laugh. He also has a very infectious laugh!
- Gerrard Maycrink – Gerrard shows everyone a great deal of respect and treats others with great care and empathy.
- Arjun Ojha – Arjun is an active participant and listener in all his classes. Arjun shares insightful and well-thought-out ideas and questions.
- Aidan Smith – Aidan takes the time to express thanks to teachers and staff at all times. Genuinely appreciates all that others do for him.
- Gabriel Bernal Burgos – Gabriel is new to BCMS and has transitioned so well. He is eager to learn new things, participates all of the time in class, and his enthusiasm is contagious.
- Jacob Bradley – Jacob is very kind and patient when working with other students. He helps them understand the material, slows his pace to match their pace, and reminds them to check their work.
- Chloe Burke – Chloe has a great sense of humor. She understands when her teachers are joking around, and she banters with them as well as her peers.
- Abigail Edgar – Abby works well with her classmates. She is patient and helps her peers understand material if they are struggling.
- Trey Harris – Trey is so polite. He is always thanking his teachers on his way out of class. He is often heard thanking his classmates for their help too.
- Violet Bickersmith – As the school year got underway Violet’s teachers quickly observed how kind she is to all around her. Violet’s positive smile and kind presence improve all the rooms she enters!
- Brendon Feldman – Even this early in the school year Brendon’s teachers can easily see how hard he works in his classes and how much pride he takes in doing his best work and truly learning.
- Luca Gough – Luca’s teachers are enjoying getting to know him and having him in class with his great sense of humor, which he knows how to call on appropriately and respectfully. Luca brings happiness to our classrooms!
- Molly Quidort – Molly is a student who is always looking for ways to help out her teachers and her classmates. Whether helping a teacher clean up the classroom or lending a hand to a classmate in need, Molly consistently shows us she is a team player!
- Elayna Shersky – Elayna makes an effort to say “thank you” to each of her teachers as she leaves the classroom each day and it is an effort that is greatly appreciated by all of her teachers.
- Charleigh Eick – Charleigh has a great sense of humor that engages all around her. She is the definition of a quick wit. She puts a smile on everyone’s face and brightens their day!
- ManChun Heuston – ManChun asks very insightful questions and is very motivated to learn. He is a strong member of the Hudson 8 team.
- Mallory Maycrink – Mallory embodies the team norms and demonstrates on a daily basis her commitment to an inclusive team. Such team spirit!
- Molly Megahey – Molly demonstrates kindness during her daily routine by the way she interacts with her peers and is always willing to assist others.
- Grant Wetherbee – Grant is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. He is grateful for not only the big things in life, but for all of the small things too and shows this every day.
- Clara Bronson – Clara loves to learn and it shows every day!
- Kaelyn Grovenger – Kaelyn is always very kind to her classmates and teachers!
- Madeline Lee – Madeline is a true team player and represents the best of BCMS!
- Jeremy Velazquez-Gonzalez – Jeremy is a funny young man who has a good sense of humor and loves to laugh!
- Nixon Villeda-Castro – Nixon is an excellent young man who is grateful for his friends, family and BCMS!
- Prince Bolleddu – Prince is a really nice student. He works with all students and is very polite to teachers.
- Peyton Gray – Peyton is very engaged and adds so much to class discussion.
- Jordan Lee – Jordan has really embraced being new to BCMS. She is so accepting and ready to participate each day.
- Chloe Sink – Chloe shows heartfelt gratitude.
- Orson Wagg – Orson participates and adds humor to our day. Bixby