The Bethlehem Central School District’s Green Team and the BC High School’s Environmental Club will again partner with the Town of Bethlehem and the Delmar Farmers Market for the 8th annual America Recycles Day.
The event will take place at the BC Middle School on Saturday, November 19 from 10am-1pm. Area residents will have the opportunity to recycle the following items:
Clothing/Textiles Reuse & Recycling:
- All types of clothing: wearable clothing will be reused, otherwise it will be recycled
- Household textiles: tablecloths, sheets, blankets, curtains, towels, stuffed animals
- Accessories: Belts, hats, gloves, purses, bags, backpacks, footwear
Document Shredding/Paper Recycling:
- Shredding is limited to Town of Bethlehem residents and BCSD taxpayers with ID only
- Shredding limit: 3 medium sized (i.e. copy paper size) boxes per household
Book Reuse and Recycling:
- Books collected for reuse by Grassroot Givers or for recycling if not selected for reuse
- Please sort into boxes labeled “Donate”; gently used or newer books, especially children’s books or “Recycle”; books that are in poor shape, or obsolete books such as textbooks or encyclopedias
- Monetary donations gratefully accepted by Grassroots Givers
Bicycle and Training Wheel Reuse:
- Kids & Adult bicycles, and bicycle training wheels will be collected for donation and reuse by Wheels Up
- Bicycles and training wheels in good, rideable shape or that need minor repairs are fine to donate. (NO tricycles, scooters, strollers, kiddy cars, etc. please.). All donated bikes go to Wheels Up of Albany or Troy Bike Rescue
If you are over the age of 60 and need help transporting your documents, Bethlehem Senior Transportation may be able to help with home pickup for documents (but not for other items). If you need this assistance, please call 518-439-4955, ext. 1176.
Please note, the following items will NOT be accepted: mattresses, rugs, pillows, loose foam stuffing, toys and household goods. No wet or mildewed textiles. No smelly items. No items contaminated with oil, paint or hazardous materials.