A message to families of incoming kindergarten students for the 2024-25 school year from District Registrar Melissa Haas…
Dear Incoming K Parent/Guardian:
Welcome to the Bethlehem Central School District. We are excited about your child being part of the district and we look forward to assisting you in registering for the 2024-2025 school year.
The district offers a full-day kindergarten program. Registration for incoming kindergarten students will begin January 8 .
Three ways to register
Families can use one of the following ways to register their kindergarten students for the 2024-25
- Online registration using our Aspen Student Information System; OR
- Download a registration packet and return by email, regular mail, fax or drop box; OR
- Make an appointment for in-office registration by calling 518-439-2442.
Note: Either way you choose to register, it is important to include the “Important Additional Required Documents” from the list below.
Option 1: Online Registration using Aspen
All kindergarten registration forms can be accessed via Aspen. Follow the directions below.
Already have an Aspen account?
- Log in to Aspen
- Go to your “Pages” Tab
- On the right-hand side there is an area labeled “Task.” Click on “Initiate”, then click on “Workflow” and select “New Student Registration” it will walk you through the process.
- Be sure to go to the “Kindergarten Tab” for additional forms to be completed and uploaded.
- You will be able to upload your “Important Additional Required Documents” directly into Aspen as part of the registration process.
Not registered in Aspen yet?
- Log in to Aspen
- On the Aspen home page, under Login ID you can select “Request an account.”
- From there you will be able to set up an account to use the online registration.
Option 2: Registration by email, regular mail or dropbox
All kindergarten registration forms can be downloaded and printed from our website. The Kindergarten Registration Packet [PDF] can be found here. If you would like this packet mailed to you directly, please fill out this pre-registration form.
After you have downloaded and completed the forms, you can return the completed forms, along with copies of your “Important Additional Required Documents” in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 518-475-0352
- Regular mail: Melissa Haas, District Registrar, 700 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054
- Dropbox: A secure drop box is located at the main entrance (Delaware Ave. side) of the high school.
Option 3: In-person registration
- Call 518-439-2442 to schedule an appointment after January 8, 2024
Important Additional Required Documents (needed for Option 1, Option 2 and Option 3)
Copies of the following documents are required whether you are registering via Aspen, or with a downloaded copy of our registration packet from our website. These must be submitted with your child’s registration:
Three (3) Proofs of Residency from this list:
- Valid homeowner’s insurance policy with parent/guardian name and address;
- Valid auto insurance policy with parent/guardian name and address;
- Cable television installation receipt;
- National Grid bill;
- Legal and valid lease agreement containing property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.
- Home purchase contract containing seller’s name, the address of the property being purchased and the purchaser’s name.
Other required documents
- Child’s birth certificate or passport (Your child must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2024)
- Current Immunization Record (official record signed by physician)
- Parent/Guardian License or Picture ID
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
Without the above items, your child will not be registered.
A note about special education
If your child receives special education services and you do not plan to send them to kindergarten in the fall, you must still register at this time and contact Laura Rosa, CPSE Chairperson, at the Student Support Services Office at 518-439- 8886, so you can discuss your child’s special education needs.
March 1 is deadline to ensure home school placement
If you do not register your child by March 1, 2024 they will not be guaranteed their home school for 2024-2025 school year.
Once your child has registered, you will be notified of your home elementary school. The home elementary school is the school your child will attend in grades K-5.
Screenings for kindergarten will take place at a later time.
Thank you for your cooperation. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of having all the required documentation to register your child. I look forward to working with you, and if you have any questions or if you do NOT plan to register your child in our kindergarten program, please call me at (518) 439-2442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For private school families
If you are planning to send your child to a private kindergarten program and wish transportation, you MUST register your child with the district. Please submit the enrollment form, birth certificate, three proofs of your address and the Private/Parochial School Transportation Request Form by April 1, 2024.