Character Trait (Perseverance) /Assembly Practice
This month we are going to be focusing on the word perseverance. We are also excited to have our first in person assembly of the school year! Next week we will have each classroom come down to the auditorium to practice the expectations for assemblies. Many of our students have never been in the auditorium so we thought it would be a good idea to practice.
It is time for us to begin creating classes for the 2022-23 school year. I’m thrilled to announce that the district is looking to continue with relatively small class sizes of 16 to 22/23 students which will, of course, be contingent upon the school budget passing.
Here are the tentative number of sections at each grade level for our Hamagrael classes for next year:
- 2 kindergarten classes
- 2 first grade classes
- 3 second grade classes
- 3 third grade classes
- 3 fourth grade classes
- 3 fifth grade classes
- 1 K/1 skills class
- 1 2/3 skills class
If you would like to share important information with me regarding your child, please do so in writing (email is fine) by Friday, May 13.
International Compost Week
This week is International Compost Week. BC students and families will have opportunities to learn from about composting and recycling:
- Friday, May 6: Lab School students will offer recycling and composting presentations at each of the elementary schools during students’ lunch periods.
- Saturday, May 7: Middle school students will be holding composting demonstrations and Garden Club students will be selling garden transplants at the opening day of the Delmar Farmers Market.
Also at the Farmers Market, the high school RISE program will be selling BC Barkery dog treats and also recycled Mother’s Day planters. Don’t miss it!
Silver Graphics Fundraiser (Due by May 11, 2022)
The Silver Graphics Fundraiser is back! This is an opportunity to purchase your children’s art on mugs, plates, totes and many other items and support PTA. These items make great gifts. Go to https://www.silvergraphics.com/shop/ and enter access code ARTatHamagrael
- May 12 – Matt McGillicuty Visit
- May 27 – 5th Grade Visit to Middle School
- May 23 – Choir/Band/Orchestra Concert
- June 1 – Science Fair
- June 2 – 5th Grade Survivor Day
- June 7 – Art Show
- June 10 – 5th Grade Pit Party
- June 17 – Field Day
- June 21 – 5th Grade Graduation