The Bethlehem Central School District’s Operations & Maintenance Department is pleased to introduce Maintenance Direct, the department’s new web-based work order system hosted by School Dude. Maintenance Direct is an easy-to-use tool allowing faculty and staff to submit requests to repair, install, or replace building-related needs with just a few clicks. The system is intended to help the O&M Department in its mission to provide a safe and welcoming environment for district students. It will offer a more effective way to manage work orders from request to completion.
Maintenance Direct is to be used for O&M work requests only. For technology-related work requests, please continue to use the BETS System. If you have an emergency, please contact O&M immediately by phone.
Maintenance Direct has many features that simplify the work order request process. Requests made through the Maintenance Direct program are sent in real-time to O & M for approval and assignment to the appropriate technician. The new system delivers direct communication via email and provides measurable progress and tracking of work orders.
The department’s goal is to phase out the existing email work order process by June 1, 2018 and use Maintenance Direct exclusively after that date. Pre-existing work orders have already been input into the new system by O&M staff.
Questions? If you need help or have any questions please contact Nick Insognia at 518-439-2123 x30912 or email email@example.com
- Go to www.myschoolbuilding.com. You may want to bookmark the page or create a shortcut on your desktop for easy access the next time you log in.
- This is where you will register or log in. If you have registered previously, enter your email address and password. If you are a first-time user, click the black arrow next to “Register Here!” above the red arrow below.
- Enter the BCSD account number 669099607 in the Account Number box. Complete the rest of the registration form that includes your email and creation of a personal user password and press Register. *Remember your password*
Important information for generating a work order:
- BCSD Maintenance Direct Account Number: 669099607
- BCSD Work Order Submittal Password: bcsd
This is not the same as the user password you will create to log in. The district password is used only when submitting a work order.
Step 1: This information will already be filled in with your information from the email address that you entered at the sign in screen.
Step 2: Select the LOCATION using the drop-down arrow to highlight the location of the building that you want the work to be done (i.e. Bethlehem High School). Follow the same step for selecting the AREA of the building (i.e. 1st Floor, Cafeteria, etc.) Also be sure to enter an AREA/ROOM NUMBER (i.e. Room E104, Gym A, Library, etc.)
Step 3A: Select an icon that best indicates the type of system that there is an issue with (i.e. for a broken outlet, select Electrical) and click on it. If you are not sure, select General Maintenance.
Step 3B: Once you have clicked on the type of problem, the selected type of problem will have OK next to it.