Summary and Overview
PTO members are vital to the continued success of Slingerlands Elementary. There are many to stay connected with PTO updates and events:
- Keep following (or join) the Slingerlands Elementary PTO Facebook page.
- Link to our PTO Google Site for updates.
- Watch for our weekly newsletters sent via email.
- Participate in any of the quick and easy ways we have of supporting PTO initiatives and programs.
Membership and Meeting Information
As a parent/guardian of a child enrolled at Slingerlands, you are automatically a member. There aren’t any dues to be a member, but donations are appreciated.
PTO membership entitles you to vote on each matter submitted to a vote by the PTO either during a meeting or by email and ensures you stay up to date on events.
The Slingerlands PTO meets every other month and meeting dates are announced in our electronic newsletters.
Fundraising for the PTO
Why do we fund-raise?
The short answer is, we raise funds to enhance the educational and social environment at Slingerlands Elementary. The PTO raises funds for projects and activities to improve our school but that are not covered by the school district budget. The PTO tries to minimize any inconvenience and hardship that fundraising activities may create, but it is only through the participation and generosity of Slingerlands families that the PTO is able to provide additional resources for our school.
What do we do with the money?
Funds raised by the PTO support the following:
- School Assemblies
- Recess Equipment/Gym Expenditures
- Classroom Start-Up Funds for Teachers
- Schoolwide Events
- Educational Programs
- Fifth Grade Events
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Events