Important info for Grade 8 families from the BCHS Counseling Center:
The BCHS Counseling Department will be hosting an 8th-grade parent informational program on the following dates:
- Wednesday, April 26 (last names A-K): 6pm-7pm, High School, Room G100
- Thursday, April 27 (last names L-Z): 6pm-7pm, High School, Room G100
Please note that we are designating two nights for this program due to space constraints at the high school, so we appreciate families sticking to their designated dates (based on last name). This is for GRADE 8 PARENTS only. It is NOT for students or for parents of students in other grades.
The content of the program will be the same for both nights.
The goal of the program is to provide a forum for open dialogue regarding the transition from middle school to high school. Student speakers from each grade level (9-12) will also share their experiences and insights as well.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Study habits, extra help, advocating, engagement
- Course selection, extracurricular involvements
- Current HS experiences
Ryan St. John and Deborah Zeh, 9th Grade School Counselors